Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cross Encounter with Nathan

In my first blog entry I said that I would be sharing some of my evangelism experiences with you. I pray that by sharing these experiences you might be encouraged and reminded that time is short. Remember our Lord Jesus will soon return! Be encouraged to love GOD and glorify Him by obeying His command to love man. How?

“Go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15

Lord willing, this is the first of many entries entitled, “Cross Encounter.” These entries document an experience I’ve had with taking the wooden cross out on the streets and engaging individuals in 1-2-1 conversation about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This isn’t about having material to put on this blog. These are real people who matter to me. I pray that the individual(s) I’m talking to can see/hear how much I care for them. But I also hope you too will be able to sense my love for them as you listen/watch.

I love them because my Lord Jesus Christ first loved me and gave Himself to die the death I deserve. He bore my sin and absorbed the full wrath of the Father. Though He was/is perfectly holy and without sin, He stood in my place, as my Substitute, and satisfied the demands of GOD’s perfect justice for all my law breaking. ALL the work that was required to save my soul? Jesus said, “IT IS FINISHED!” He died and three days later He arose from the dead and ascended back up into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah. Ps 24:7-10
We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone.

THIS IS GOOD NEWS! And it was this good news that I so wanted to deliver to a young man named Nathan. This is my Cross Encounter with Nathan.


No comments:

Post a Comment