Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Lord of the Harvest

Now that we are at the end of summer, by God’s grace, we look forward to another season – autumn. Harvest time is just ahead! I love this time of year. The upcoming autumn harvest reminded me of a memorable encounter I captured during Ambassadors’ Academy 16, back in June 2010.

We were at Santa Monica Ca, 3rd Street Promenade. In the video you’ll see Steve Sanchez from stonethepreacher.com deliver the Law and the Gospel to a group of teenagers. As you watch this video keep in mind that I edited out approximately eight minutes of the footage. Steve had to do a considerable amount of wrangling, reasoning, repeating and recapping, in order to help these teens understand their eternal destiny without Christ. It was a rather difficult encounter. I hope you’ll be encouraged by watching this faithful laborer of Christ push through in spite of how difficult the encounter was. If you’ve been at it for any length of time, that is, being a witness for Christ, you’ll know that it can be hard work at times.

Christian Soldier – Don’t Quit! Faithfully proclaim the Law and Gospel. Tell sinners about the Person of Christ. Call them to repentance from sin and faith in Jesus Christ. Plead with them! Be motivated by the infinitely perfect labor of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who secured for us our eternal salvation – “to us who believe in Him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.” Romans 4:24-25

There is another thing that came to mind as I watched the video and thought about the many texts in the Bible where God likens us to laborers, workers, slaves, etc (see Luke 10:2-12; 1 Cor 3:6-9; Matt 20:1-16 and look at Paul’s labor in Acts 18:4-11). I must free acknowledge and confess the truth that being an Ambassador for Christ laborious – joyous for sure but laborious nevertheless.

With that being said, I must also confess my weakness and total dependence of GOD to be my strength in laboring for His glory. He says, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

SDG!

No comments:

Post a Comment