Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Great Heart Changer!

This is the last encounter I had at the 2011 Paso Robles Wine Festival. I feel so sorry for this lady. There are times that I come away from a witness encounter like this and feel rather hopeless. This lady’s idolatry has so clouded the true character and nature of GOD that I say, “Lord, how can she be saved? I’m not getting through to her!”

The Word GOD tells us that Christ responded to a similar question and said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God” (Luke 18:27). Here our Lord Jesus is speaking of The Great Heart Changer.

No matter how earnest you might plead with a person, no matter how theologically sound you might be, no matter if you’re able to answers every question someone might bring up in a witnessing encounter - you and I cannot change the hearts of man. We cannot even convict the conscience of man (John 16:18).

I was greatly encouraged by a short tract that I read by J.C. Ryle. He said, “…they seem as hard and insensible as the nether mill-stone! But we remember the Holy Spirit, and what He has done. We remember the Holy Spirit, and consider that He has not changed. He can come down like fire and melt the hardest hearts; He can convert the worst man or woman among our hearers, and mold their whole character into a new shape. And so we preach on. We hope, because of the Holy Spirit.”

I also found this short C.H. Spurgeon audio that I pray will be an encouragement to you dear Christian soldier.


Grace Gems

Keep heralding Christ crucified to those who are hard-hearted. There is hope for them not because of our preaching but because of The Great Heart Changer.

PART 1


PART 2

No comments:

Post a Comment